- We can talk freely about recovery in a way that feels less performative. Ya know, no TWEET AT MY STORY. Or MEME IT! Whatever. Let’s exist without all that.
- I should add that we’re not above billboard advertising. If you came here because you saw our two giant-ass billboards in Los Angeles and thought, “Hmm, that seems like a dumb way to promote a recovery website,” well you’re right and I agree. But ahem-ahem-ahem, dubious sirs and madams! We’re actually using the billboards to promote the website to get you to sign up for the newsletter. Now that is some next-level marketing genius-ishness.
- Interact with other drug and alcohol addicts not like you, but also just like you.
- It’s more personal. I don’t know why, it just is. And it’s working for us.
- Oh and for potential writers: Be part of Inverse Pitching and get paid for your submissions sometimes. Every once in a while I crowdsource for stories and pay for the ones we publish, like these. Sometimes people accept it, others suggest we put the payment towards a charitable organization. Whatever works for you. No pressure.
- Sign up for our Patreon. We have $2/$5/$22 tiers. That’s the best way for you to contribute right now. Become a Patron!
- Just trust me. It’ll be a better experience and we’ll get more good things done there. Screw this dirty old internet racket.
- You ready? Sign up here. Thanks for your continued support.
Resolutions about recovery have more meaning. They're also the hardest to keep. It's cool to start jogging, but our contributors are trying to save their mortal souls.
A handy list from our readers who have suffered enough of already and learned a better way to exist in the world. Thank you to all those who contributed. Everybody learns; everybody grows.
What if gratitude isn't a hot look for you? It's okay to be thankful for things that matter only to you.